Thursday, August 30, 2018

Another Life Update

Wow. I'm crying right now because I read a post I wrote in 2015 to update my future self, and here I am, in the future, being updated.

A bit of a background check: I was cleaning up my email inbox when I found something in the Spam folder. It was an email from this site, asking if I still wanted updates from this blog. I mean... who wanted to pass up the opportunity to binge-read all my cringey blog posts, right?

That's how I ended up backreading.

I guess I have another message for future Toni.

Remember this moment. You are a second year law student. There are so many opportunities that were opened up for you, and so many that were closed. Right now you really needed a break and this is what you get for wishing that, I guess (haha).

So a little update, you kind of got back into anime, and fell in love all over again with Naruto. Sasuke-kun is still your OG crush and SasuSaku is life. Wotaku ni Koi was Muzukashii is a favorite as well, and so is Kuzu no Honkai (surprisingly).

You have matured a little more but have grown a little more cynical. I hope that's something you overcome in the future.

You've made more friends, and lost some, but both are valuable things that happen in one's life. Don't fret. You got a Vita, and are recently getting into gaming, and you adore Persona 4 Golden. 

Bottomline is, Future Toni, I just want to reassure you like the past Toni reassured me. It will eventually be better and things will eventually look up. Please don't give up because you are an amazing human being, and your parents are so so proud of you no matter what you do. So why not allow yourself to be proud too?

You may be struggling right now but remember that you struggled in the past as well and look at where you are now! Who knew you could make it?

I hope by the time you re-read this life update, you are happy. If you aren't, why not? Go get what you want. You deserve it.

A final word: You always want to take care of everyone to give the illusion that you are in control of your life, but you aren’t. Instead, you tend to neglect yourself. Please be kinder to yourself, Future Toni. 


No comments:

Post a Comment